Join us for our 16th Annual Risk and Recovery Forensic Conference!
What is Risk and Recovery?
A conference for professionals in mental health, probation and parole, corrections, legal services, and police.
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton’s Forensic Psychiatry Program is committed to the importance of the academic enterprise. It is through the acquisition of new knowledge through research, knowledge translation and education that allows our program to be a forerunner in mental health research and to deliver the best possible care to the patients we serve.
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton and McMaster University have considered the impact of COVID-19 on the health and safety of the public, staff, learners and attendees of our annual conference. In light of these changing circumstances, St. Joseph’s and McMaster will hold their 16th Annual Risk and Recovery Forensic Conference as a hybrid event!
Featuring experts on risk assessment, risk management and recovery, the conference is an opportunity to expand your knowledge of forensic psychiatry and contribute to the pursuit of excellence in mental health care.
The conference will be held at the Sheraton Hamilton Hotel and online. Stimulating keynote speakers will address a variety of engaging topics. Participants will choose from numerous seminars to address topics in forensic mental health in more detail.
Conference Registration Rates
$199 Half Day
$349 Full Day
* In person includes meals and refreshments.
Please email us to ask about group rates.
Check out the great conference keynote speakers this year!
- Dr. Karl Hanson – Psychologist, Researcher, Adjunct Faculty with Carlton University (Canada)
- Dr. Birgit Vollm – Director and Professor of Forensic Psychiatry at the University of Rostock (Germany)
- Dr. Jon Taylor – Psychologist with the NHS (U.K.)
- Dr. Ivan Zinger – Correctional Investigator of Canada (Canada)
- Ms. Samra Zafar – International and award winning, speaker, author and human rights advocate (Canada)
See the full agenda or find out more about our keynote speakers.
Contact us for more information:
Forensic Psychiatry Program, Room H319C
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton
West 5th Campus, 100 West 5th St.
Hamilton, ON L8N 3K7
905-522-1155 ex. 35415