The Hamilton Anatomy of Risk Management—Correctional Version (HARM-CorV) is designed for use in the management of accused and those in correctional settings.
Stage 1: PAST
- History of offences and criminal record
- In the HARM-CorV, the focus of the historical violence assessment is the inmate’s criminal record.
- Historical risk factors
Stage 2: CURRENT
- Aggression tracking
- The authors encourage the use of the AIS or a similar instrument to record and track aggressive incidents.
- Current risk factors
- Protective factors
Stage 3: FUTURE
- Potential behaviours
- Duty to protect
- Violence risk assessment
- Because many inmates do well with structure and supervision but may be at higher risk without these, risk is also assessed with professional (or mental health support) and without
- Escape risk
- Risk management and transition planning
- Stressors and destabilizers
- General team comments
HARM-CorV workbooks and tear-away pads are available for purchase on the Supplies page.